"Spin" in aviation training: a "stall" or loss of lift, a subsequent nose-down spin, the specific actions required for recovery, and the feeling, after recovery, that you could tackle absolutely anything!

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Always Read Directions.

Recently, I spent part of a weekend in the city.  The frustrating thing was that, though I was buying the parking tickets from the machines and booths, I kept getting fined.  I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  I checked the street signs.  I checked the time restrictions.  And then, just before I was to head in to an art show, I realized what I was doing wrong.  Right there on the ticket, in red letters, it said:


                            "Place Face Up On Dash."  

So I did.  It was uncomfortable.  I had to get up on my knees on the front seat to do it but I didn't get any more tickets.  I did, however, miss the art show.

No comments:

Post a Comment