"Spin" in aviation training: a "stall" or loss of lift, a subsequent nose-down spin, the specific actions required for recovery, and the feeling, after recovery, that you could tackle absolutely anything!

Sunday 18 December 2011

Hold Tight, Your Arms...

Hold tight, your arms around me my friend.
There is no rush and I am not brittle;
But the tender of me lacks lately.
'Could stand to stop and be held up a minute,
If you could, I mean, if you wouldn't mind.
I think it is a tiredness has taken hold;
'Found its way in for some reason.
'Silly, all of this.


Oh that?  Not tears my friend.  Not me.
No, I think a virus perhaps, or dust...
'Stay near a while, just to be sure,
Sit here close. Sit here.  Close.
I feel a wave of something;
Gladness that you're here,
Just to be sure of course.
Ridiculous, these eyes.


I know, 'sounds crazy, but humour me;
My hands, hold ... I am trembling, aren't I?
It must be a chill, I'm sure, nothing more.
Not loneliness shrouded in.
'Couldn't be.  Not me.
It's nice of you though, holding my hands.
'Funny, me being lonely!
'Awfully nice of you.


Tell me again, that thing you said;
"The heart's truth leads even in chaos.
Trust, trust, be brave and trust,"
Or something like that.  I can't remember exactly.
No, it's not a big deal.
It's just taking a long ... well, it's been a long time.
That's all.
'Not a big deal.  I can certainly manage.
I can.  I ...


I'm glad you're here.  You have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment