"Spin" in aviation training: a "stall" or loss of lift, a subsequent nose-down spin, the specific actions required for recovery, and the feeling, after recovery, that you could tackle absolutely anything!

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Tradesies

I am cycling through Oakville and stop at a light. Two little girls and a little boy cross the road with their father. They all have ice cream.  The kids don't let the business of navigating the cross walk impede their ice cream joy. One of the girls looks up at me. 
"Hey," I say, "can I have that?"
I point to the ice cream she is in the process of devouring. She laughs and shakes her head, "No."
"Really? Awwww."
They all land on the destination side walk to my right. I call over:
"I'll trade you my bike for your ice cream!"
Still "No." 
We laugh. The light changes and I ride on sans ice cream. None at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment