"Spin" in aviation training: a "stall" or loss of lift, a subsequent nose-down spin, the specific actions required for recovery, and the feeling, after recovery, that you could tackle absolutely anything!

Thursday 1 September 2011

Dizzy

Hold briefly, in this pause between the hours,
Just before the minute-hand finds north yet again.
I am dizzy from this spinning earth and in my 
Wondering about it all, could use a steady hand and
Heart to brace with.


Put down your things and govern this space.
The rush of air from all of above has floored me with 
Notes of triumph and solace and the sweet, sweet
Liquor of life's pageant; all in a breath,
Deep enough, but not deep enough to divine so much.
Your shoulder please.


This bench here, join me.
Just sit here with me between this dusty layer,
Hiding the strain and strength of gravity's curse,
And the delight and spectacle of such blue, and
Such stars; a fickle sky that can't make up its mind
Whether day or night bears more the nod.
Your company comforts me.


Your company...You...


And suddenly I fathom my grip,
And lose the overwhelm of life's scale,
And find my ease in day and night.


Friendship can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment